Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Jaden Schwartz is finally breaking out of a long scoring slump. He had two goals and an assist to lead the Blues to a 4-1 win over Arizona Monday night at Scottrade Center. After scoring only one empty-net goal in a span of 25 games, Schwartz has four goals in his last four games.
- Alexander Steen had a career-high four assists and Vladimir Tarasenko scored his 35th goal of the season and added two assists as the Blues moved to 10-1-1 in their last 12 games. The Blues remained one point behind Nashville in the race for third place in the Central Division and two points behind Calgary for the top wild-card spot in the Western Conference.
- The two teams will play again on Wednesday night in Arizona,
- The Cardinals won their 19th game of the spring, their most since 2009, with a 3-2 win over the Astros on Monday night in West Palm Beach. Kolten Wong tripled to drive in a run and then scored on a single by Carlos Martinez, who allowed two first-inning runs during his five innings in his final start before pitching on opening night Sunday night against the Cubs.
- After the game the Cardinals made four roster cuts, optioning Carson Kelly and Mike Mayers to Memphis and reassigning Adolis Garcia and Patrick Wisdom to the minor league camp.
- Adam Wainwright makes his final start of the spring today when the Cardinals play the Mets in Port St. Lucie.