Thursday, AuG. 25, 2016
- Matt Carpenter was back in the leadoff spot for the Cardinals on Wednesday night and promptly led off the bottom of the first inning with a home run. The Cardinals added 18 more hits, including homers by Randal Grichuk and Stephen Piscotty, in an 8-1 win over the Mets at Busch Stadium. The 19 hits matched the Cardinals' high in a game this season.
- Carlos Martinez allowed just four hits over eight innings for the win, improving his record to 12-7.
- Lance Lynn made his third rehab start Wednesday night, this time at Double A Springfield, and worked three scoreless innings. He threw 48 pitches, allowing three hits while striking out three.
- Adam Wainwright, looking for his first win since July 16, will get the start in the 6:15 series finale tonight against the Mets.
- The Blues will hold a news conference today at which time they are expected to announce that defenseman Alex Pietrangelo will become the captain of the team this year, replacing David Backes, who signed as a free agent with the Boston Bruins.