Friday, April 28, 2017
- The Blues will try to rebound from a 4-3 loss in game one of their playoff series against the Nashville Predators when the two teams meet for game two tonight at Scottrade Center. A goal by Vernon Fiddler with 5:05 to play in the third period won the game on Wednesday night for Nashville.
- The Cardinals climbed back to the .500 mark for the season with a doubleheader sweep of the Blue Jays on Thursday at Busch Stadium. They won the day portion of the DH on dramatic homers by Randal Grichuk and Matt Carpenter. Grichuk's two out two run homer tied the game in the ninth and Carpenter won it with a grand slam in the 11th. It was the first walkoff grand slam in extra innings by the Cardinals since Tom Herr hit one against the Mets in 1987.
- There wasn't nearly as much drama in the night game as Adam Wainwright got the win in the 6-4 victory that included the third homer of the year by Dexter Fowler.
- Lance Lynn will get the start tonight as the Cardinals host the Reds in the opener of a three-game series.
- Missouri defensive end Charles Harris was selected in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night by the Miami Dolphins with the 22nd overall selection.