Monday, May 25, 2015
- Jhonny Peralta led off the bottom of the10th with a home run to lift the Cardinals to a 3-2 win today over the Diamondbacks at Busch Stadium, the Cardinals' fourth walk-off win of the season.
- The homer was Peralta's fourth career walk-off homer and his first as a Cardinal. The Cardinals are now 29-16 this season, tied with Houston for the best record in the major leagues.
- Matt Holliday had a pair of singles, extending his streak of consecutive games reaching base to his first 41 games this season. That is one shy of Albert Pujols' team and NL record of 42 games, set in 2008.
- Outfielder Jon Jay will begin what is expected to be a three-game rehab assignment at Class A Peoira on Tuesday night. He has been on the disabled list with a sore wrist and thumb, and the Cardinals hope he can be activated on Friday.
- Jaime Garcia will make his second start of the season on Tuesday night against the Diamondbacks. Archie Bradley is the scheduled start for Arizona.