SaturDay, Aug. 29, 2015
- Kelby Tomlinson singled off Kevin Siegrist with the bases loaded in the ninth inning Friday night to break a 4-4 tie and give the Giants the win over the Cardinals in San Francisco, snapping the Cardinals’ five-game winning streak.
- Siegrist allowed a single and two walks to load the bases with one out before Tomlinson came through with the game-winning hit through a five-man infield, the sixth walk-off loss of the season for the Cardinals.
- The loss cut the Cardinals’ lead over the second-place Pirates to 3 ½ games in the NL Central.
- Lance Lynn will pitch against Ryan Vogelsong in the second game of the series today, a 3:05 p.m. start St. Louis time.
- The Rams will play their first home pre-season game tonight against the Indianapolis Colts at the Edward Jones Dome. The team's starting offense and defense could play the entire first half. The Rams are 0-2 in the pre-season, having lost at Oakland and at Tennessee.
- The Cardinals named former relief pitcher Randy Flores as their new scouting director on Friday. Flores had been working in private business with a company that produced recruiting videps. He replaces Chris Correa, who was fired after he was linked to the federal investigation into the hack of the Astros' computer database.
- Forward Patrik Berglund of the Blues underwent surgery on his right shoulder on Friday. He is expected to be re-evaluated in four months.