Wednesday, May 27, 2015
- Jaime Garcia earned his first victory in nearly a year but the Cardinals likely lost Matt Adams to a leg injury in Tuesday night's 6-4 win over the Diamondbacks at Busch Stadium.
- Adams pulled up after hitting a double in the fifth inning and will undergo an MRI today but manager Mike Matheny said it is likely the team will make a roster move and put Adams on the DL.
- Garcia survived a rough start to pitch six innings and win for the first time since June 15 of last year.
- The Cardinals said before the game that tests on Tuesday found no structural damage to Marco Gonzales' left shoulder and that he had what was termed an "impingement' in his shoulder. He will receive an injection and begin an exercise program designed to strengthen the area,. It is expected he will miss about three weeks.
- The Cardinals will try to complete a sweep of the three-game series against the Diamondbacks tonight. Lance Lynn will pitch against Josh Collmenter.
- The Blues' Ken Hitchcock began looking forward on Tuesday after agreeing to return to coach the term under a new one-year contract. Hitchcock has been the team's coach since Nov. 7, 2011.