Friday, Jan. 30, 2015
- T.J. Oshie and Kevin Shattenkirk scored in the shootout to lift the Blues to a 5-4 win over the Nashville Predators Thursday night at Scottrade Centerr in their first game since the All-Star break. The win improved the Blues record to 8-0-1 in their last nine games and pulled them within four points of the Central Division-leading Predators.
- The win might have been costly for the Blues, who lost forwards Patrik Berglund and Jori Lehtera to injuries. Coach Ken Hitchcock said neither will play tonight in Carolina and will be re-evaluated at that time.
- Missouri Athletic Director Mike Alden announced Thursday that he will be stepping down from his current position, effective Aug. 31. He will assume a new role in the university's College of Education. A search for Alden's replacement already has begun.
- The Tigers, who lost by 49 points to Kentucky earlier this year on the road, kept the game closer Thursday night in Columbia but lost their sixth consecutive game, 69-53 to the top-ranked and undefeated Wildcats.
- Saint Louis University's second-half rally fell short as the Billikens also lost Thursday night, falling 68-60 on the road at George Mason.