Tuesday, ApRil 28, 2015
- Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak confirmed Monday that pitcher Adam Wainwright has a torn Achilles tendon and will miss the rest of the season. Wainwright suffered the injury while batting in Saturday night's game in Milwaukee. The normal recovery time for the injury is nine to 12 months. He is scheduled to undergo surgery on Thursday.
- Cole Hamels allowed just four hits and one run over seven innings as the Phillies beat the Cardinals 4-1 at Busch Stadium Monday night. It was Hamels' first win at Busch since he was a rookie in 2006 and his first win over the Cardinals since 2007. John Lackey got the loss, allowing three runs in the seventh inning.
- Michael Wacha will get the start for the Cardinals in the second game of the series tonight while the Phillies will start right-hander Severino Gonzalez, who will be making his major-league debut.
- Blues players will clean out their lockers and get ready to begin the off-season today after their third consecutive loss in the first round of the playoffs. Coach Ken Hitchcock and GM Doug Armstrong are scheduled to meet with the media today as well.
- Former University of Missouri linebacker Shane Ray was arrested on Monday on a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana after he was stopped for speeding on Interstate 70. Ray is expected to be a first-round pick in Thursday night's NFL draft.