WednesDay, July 1, 2015
- The Blues announced today that they have signed forward Jori Lehtera to a three-year contract extension. He already was under contract for the 2015-2016 season. The Blues also re-signed defenseman Chris Butler. Former Blues defenseman Barret Jackman signed a two-year contract with Nashville.
- The Cardinals lost for only the second time in June at Busch Stadium on the final day of the month when Tyler Flowers hit a home run off Miguel Socolovich with two outs in the 11th inning, giving the White Sox a 2-1 win on Tuesday night.
- The loss snapped the Cardinals’ six-game winning streak and a nine-game winning streak at Busch Stadium that dated back to June 1. It was only their eighth home loss in 37 games this season. Their two losses came by scores of 1-0 and 2-1.
- Before the game the Cardinals placed reliever Matt Belisle on the disabled list because of a sore elbow and called up right-hander Marcus Hatley from Memphis.
- John Lackey will get the start for the Cardinals tonight against the White Sox' Jose Quintana.
- Cardinals minor league infielder Jacob Wilson, playing at Triple A Memphis, will be a member of the team that will represent the United States in the Pan American games later this month in Toronto.