Sunday, March 29, 2015
- The Blues fell 4-2 to the Columbus Blue Jackets Saturday night at Scottrade Center and now trail Nashville by three points in the Central Division with seven games to play. A goal with just 21 second left in the second period broke a 2-2 tie and put Columbus ahead and they added an empty-net goal late in the third period.
- Forward Alexander Steen had to leave the game in the first period with what was described as a lower-body injury. Coach Ken Hitchcock said Steen would be re-evaluated on Sunday.
- Jaime Garcia was scratched from his scheduled start for the Cardinals today because of arm fatigue. Garcia has been trying to come back from surgery last year and had been pitching well this spring but his arm did not bounce back after throwing 80 pitches in a simulated game on Tuesday.
- The Cardinals traded left-handed reliever Sam Freeman to Texas on Saturday. They will receiver either a player to be named later or cash for Freeman, who was out of options.
- On the field the Cardinals lost 4-3 to the Tigers in Lakeland. Lance Lynn worked five innings, allowing six hits, including a two-run homer in the first by Miguel Cabrera.
- Marco Gonzales will make the start in today's game against the Mets in Jupiter instead of Garcia.