WednesDay, July 8, 2015
- The Cubs scored eight runs off the Cardinals' bullpen to win both games of a day-night doubleheader Tuesday in Chicago, winning the day game 7-4 and the night game 5-3. It was the first time the Cubs swept a DH from the Cadinals since 1992 and the first time they posted a DH sweep over the Cardinals at Wrigley Field since Oct. 5, 1991.
- The two losses, combined with the Pirates; win over San Diego, cut the Cardinals lead in the NL Central to 4 1/2 games. They led the Pirates by nine games nine days ago.
- Kolten Wong made a diving catch in the first game but reportedly suffered a mild concussion on the play and later had to leave the game. He did not play in the night game.
- Michael Wacha will make the start for the Cardinals in the final game of the series tonight. Jason Hammel will start for the Cubs. The Cardinals will then head to Pittsburgh for a four-game series beginning Thursday night.
- The Blues announced Tuesday that forward Vladimir Tarasenko has signed a new eight-year contract with the team worth a total of $60 million.