Saturday, May 30, 2015
- John Lackey, Kevin Siegrist and Trevor Rosenthal combined on a 3-0 shutout Friday night as the Cardinals won their fifth game in a row by beating the Dodgers at Busch Stadium. Lackey worked seven scoreless innings to lower his ERA at home this season to 1.30.
- The Dodgers suffered their fourth consecutive shutout on the road, the first team to do that in the majors since the Cubs in 1992.
- Michael Wacha, who is 7-0 with a 1.87 ERA, will get the start for the Cardinals tonight against Carlos Frias.
- The NFL said Friday that Rams running back Trey Watts has been suspended for the first four games of the regular season for violating the league's policy on substance abuse.
- The Blues announced Friday they have signed defenseman Jordan Schmaltz to a three=year entry level contract. Schmaltz was the first-round pick of the Blues in 2012 and just completed his junior year at North Dakota.